CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 16, 2012

School

Sienna has been using counting bears for math and Ry cried because she didn't have any bears so I gave her the big ones and had her sort them by color.
 Sienna playing the Add It game from Confessions of a  Homeschooler with the smaller bears.


 Our cheap self-made moveable alphabet for spelling/reading. It fit perfectly in those bead organizers from Michael's  :)

 The girls' made friendship flowers.  We looked at real flowers and talked about how flower petals by themselves are delicate and they need a strong center to hold them together and how that makes the delicate petals all connected on some level.  Then we went inside and talked about how God is the strong center that holds everything in the world together.  So we wrote God in the center.  We then had each of our flower petals represent a different area in our life:  self, family, community, and nature.  We talked about how God holds all that together and how all those parts of our lives are interconnected.  Then the kids glued the pictures that represented each of the areas in their life and then glued the flower, stem and petals on. 

After that I asked them some questions about each of these areas.  Here are their answers.
Sienna
Questions about you:
What do you like to do on the weekend?  Go on the train to look at butterflies
What is your favorite color?  Pink & Green
What is your favorite song?  Lullaby
What do you like to eat?  Strawberries & whip cream
Where is your favorite place in the world?  Kansas
What makes you happy?  Grandma
 
Questions about family:
Name 3 things you like about your family:  They're there when I feel alone, they give me food, that my sister is silly

What is special about  your family?  That my daddy works so my mommy can stay home & take care of us
Where does  your family like to go?  Hiking
Who makes you laugh the most?  Rylie
What is your favorite family memory?  All of them cause my family's always with me
 
Community questions (after I explained what community meant ):
How do people in your community fit into your life?  Sometimes they are my friend.  Sometimes they work at places we go.
How do you feel when you see people in your community?  I don't know.
 
Nature question:
What are 3 things you like about nature?  Goats, flowers, trees
 
 
Rylie
Questions about you:
What do you like to do on the weekend?  I don't know.
What is your favorite color?  Purple & pink
What is your favorite song?  ABCs
What do you like to eat?  Mac & Cheese
Where is your favorite place in the world?  MeMa's
What makes you happy?  Grandma
 
Questions about family:
Name 3 things you like about your family:  My sister, they play with me, they snuggle me up
What is special about your family?  We had the water & ocean next to our house
Where does your family like to go?  To my cousin's
Who makes you laugh the most?  My daddy
What is your favorite family memory?  Playing crocodile lake when my daddy saves me and picks me up out of there.
 
Community questions (after I explained what community meant ):
 
How do people in your community fit into your life?  I don't know.
How do you feel when you see people in your community?  Happy
 
Nature question:
What are 3 things you like about nature?  Flowers, butterflies, rain


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your alphabet box---I'm totally going to copy that for Gracie when she starts reading. Wow---you have them doing some really neat things!! :)