CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Skye Chase photo

Finally got around to getting a photo of the girls in their uniforms for our homeschool co-op on Fridays.  They have Montessori items for the 3 & 4 year olds and Sienna has the following classes this semester:  Creative Art, Storybook Cooking (they read a story and cook something that relates to the story), Handwriting Without Tears, and Little Mathematicians.

Sienna's favorite class is "cooking because I get to eat food."
Rylie's favorite thing is "counting and learning my numbers."

I so love the women in the co-op they are very welcoming and nice and the girls love the classes, but not sure if I'll do it or not next year.  It is taking up more time than I had thought and they don't really need co-op classes at this age.  I would like something where there is just field trips and park days.  Also, with co-op you have to take your turn teaching and although I love teaching my kids I am not loving the idea of coming up with lesson plans to teach a whole bunch of kids.  I am committed this year so we will finish it out, but not sure about next year.  Flexibility was one of the many reasons we chose to homeschool and being committed to the co-op for 9 months doesn't really allow us as much flexibility as I was hoping to have.  I was also hoping being it was Kindergarten I would have more time for crafts, baking, nature walks, and some travel with the girls.  I wish I would've stuck with my promise to myself to not do a co-op this year, but the women at church were so nice they swayed me to try it out.  Hopefully they will understand if I decide to not do it next year.  


0 comments: